Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dollar Days...Round Two

I literally JUST pulled this delicious concoction out of the oven and wanted to share it with you guys as soon as possible. No it's nothing fancy, and NO it's not earth shattering, but I just get so gosh darn excited when I find a recipe that is not only easy, but not super fattening and most importantly quick and delicious! Per usual I found it while I was pursuing through Pintrest the other day. Without further ado...



Ingredients:
2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 cups Cooked Brown Rice¾ cups Frozen Corn15 ounces, fluid Can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)4 ounces, fluid Can Green Chilis½ cups Salsa1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More For Topping2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro For Garnish


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in throughout the entire bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you would like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.

*I used sour cream (shhh don't tell the hubs, he'd never let me get away with either sour cream or greek yogurt) and brown rice. I'll say it here and you can quote me on it, we are without a doubt a white rice family. No matter how hard we try to eat and "like"brown rice, it just aint' gonna happen! If you like brown rice though then go for it, but next time I will probably make it with white.

In other news, Mitchell had his Dollar Ride today, aka his first flight in the T-38. As it is a night flying week, meaning they go in around noon or so and don't get home till 10 or 11, I haven't heard how it went other than a quick phone call, but I'm sure he had a blast and everything went great! Winston and I have enjoyed getting to spend more quality time together at night eating dinner and watching gushy romantic movies which I never get to indulge in with the hubs home ;) Besides the hubs Dollar Ride this week it is also drop week for our amazing friends and neighbors. I seriously cannot wait until Friday night to celebrate with them as they find out where they will be going next and what planes their sweet husbands will be flying in the future! Sending them lots of love, prayers, and well wishes!


Little Winston sure does love frisbee time!

Taking the hubs dinner all week reminds me of when he was
at USAFA and I had to drive up to the Academy
a few times a week for dinner ;)

Until Next Time...


Love,
The Etheridges

No comments:

Post a Comment