Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes...Need I Say More?

I was in a baking mood today...more specifically I had a huge craving for chocolate cupcakes! I'm trying this new thing where I make baked goods from scratch as often as possible instead of reaching for the oh so easy boxed items of yumminess at the grocery store. I think that older generations had it right when they were making everything from scratch (yes I know they didn't have boxed goods, but still). There is something so much more personal about homemade goodies that just warms my heart :) Anyways, as usual I ran to Pintrest for some inspiration and ran across this oh so heavenly recipe from 52 Kitchen Adventures! I could tell from the start that this one was going to be good. If the batter is amazing, you can bet the end results are going to be even better!

1/2 C butter, room temperature
1 1/4 C sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 C flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 C milk (I used fat free and it was still yummy)
1 t vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, beat butter until softened and smooth. Add sugar and beat for a few minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each until well combined.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. In a separate small bowl, combine milk and vanilla.
Add about 1/3 of dry ingredients to butter and sugar and mix until combined. Add about 1/2 of wet ingredients to mixture and mix until combined. Continue alternating dry and wet, mixing in between (finish with the remaining dry ingredients).
Fill cupcake tins about 1/2 full (don’t overfill – you only need 1/2) and bake for around 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Also don’t worry – these will come out flat, but that’s perfect for smoothing on a layer of frosting!

*On a side note, there is also a yummy looking ganache frosting recipe that goes along with these cupcakes. I didn't have the ingredients and didn't feel like running to the Commissary for the third, yes third time, in one day.

I hope everyone enjoys these goodies and the new blog design :)  

The Etheridges

No comments:

Post a Comment