Thursday, September 20, 2012

Halloween Decor

For those of you that know me well you know that Halloween is by far my favorite holiday of the year. Yup, it even beats out Christmas. Although the hubs doesn't get nearly as excited about it as I do, he's always very kind and let's me decorate to my hearts content. Ever since I was little I've had this odd fascination with Halloween decorations and it's still very hard for me to resist the urge to swoop up any and all decorations I find for this particular holiday.

So, it really shouldn't surprise most of you that I decided to break out the decorations a little early this year. In years past I've attempted to be courteous to my roommates and refrained from putting anything up until the 1st of October, however this year I gave it a little earlier than usual as you can see.

I had been wanting to make a holiday wreath for a while, but wreath forms are far and few between, aka non-existant, here in Del Rio. So, as soon as I saw they had a handful for sale at Wal-Mart for fall decorations I jumped on the opportunity and went to work. I researched a little bit online and found a few great blogs that gave detailed instructions on how to make a tulle wreath! I was also shocked to find that Wal-Mart had Halloween themed tulle. As we don't have a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or any crafts stores here this was very exciting ;)

Here is the main link I used with the tutorial if any of you want to make your own. I obviously did mine a little different since I used a straw wreath and added letters:
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/10/how-to-make-a-tulle-wreath-halloween-edition/

Somewhat finished product!
I couldn't find tulle on a roll here in Del Rio, so I just bought 3 yards of each color and that was exactly the right amount for my wreath (I think it was somewhere around 14" round). I also purchased the letters at Wal-Mart, painted them, and then hot glued them to the finished wreath. I'm sure those of you that live near a craft store would be able to find much cuter decor to add though ;) It's slim pickins around here! I'm hoping to hit up Hobby Lobby when I head up in October to visit one of my sweet friends in "the big city" and add some more themed decorations to it!

On another not, the hubs and I bought a tub of Ben and Jerry's the other night, something we rarely do as we will devour the entire thing in less than 2 days. Anyways, were were very adventurous (note the sarcasm) and tried a new flavor as opposed the always amazing half baked cookie dough and brownie batter! Let me tell you THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. Not only is it endorsed by the always hilarious Stephen Colbert but it's downright addictive...seriously go to the store right now and get it...I'm not kidding.

GET IT, NOW

Love,
The Etheridges

1 comment:

  1. So we finally tried this ice cream (from your suggestion) and it was really good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete