Monday, June 17, 2013

Chocolate Trail Mix Bites (Yum!)

I lucked into another super easy, and delicious, Pintrest find this morning and wanted to share! I know you'll have a "duh" moment just like I did when you see how easy this one is, but I would have never even thought about it and it's truly a great "on the go" healthy snack option that's perfect before hitting the gym for some extra stamina/energy or on a long road trip! Without further ado I give you...

(I know, humor me..they are so easy and scrumptious)


Ingredients:
1/4 Cup of your favorite trail mix
 (the healthier the better if that's your thing, I used 
Whole Foods Deluxe Trail Mix)
3 Tbsp of Dark Chocolate Chips
(Next time I'll be purchasing organic, not Hershey's)
*And some parchment paper/aluminum foil


Preparation:
* Melt the chocolate in the microwave, be careful not to burn.
Heat for 20 seconds, if still not entirely melted heat for another 10-15 seconds.
* Place spoonfuls of chocolate on parchment paper (or aluminum foil).
*Sprinkle trail mix on top of chocolatey goodness!
*Let sit for 40-60 minutes, or place in freezer in order for quicker consumption ;)

That's it folks! 

1 comment:

  1. Um, yum!!! This would take my obsession with trail mix to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete