Friday, March 14, 2014

Baby E's Nursery

Well, here it is, finally! C's nursery is officially complete now that we were able to order the crib skirt last week and put the finishing touches on it! It was so much fun to put together and I thoroughly enjoyed every second I spent doing crafts and projects for it. My in-laws were a HUGE help and came down for an entire weekend back in January to help paint and build things! My amazing father-in-law built the book shelves for the wall and he also painted the dresser with the help of my mother-in-law. They helped us put together the crib as well and it was so much fun to be able to have them close enough to help set up our first nursery :)

The shelves, dresser, ribbon curtain, and antique window pane were all DIY projects and I provided the links below their photos for the blogs I got the instructions from, for those of you that may be interested in doing them yourselves. We decided not to paint the walls since we will most likely be moving in a few months time, but I was totally ok with that. I HATE painting walls, literally loathe it, so I wasn't heartbroken when the hubs admitted it might not be the best idea.

Without further ado...


Although the simplest part of the nursery, this is my most prized
spot in the whole room. C can see her grandmother every
time we nurse in her rocking chair
and I love the Willow Tree my
sweet husband got for us.
This was an old window pane I found at an antique store back
before the hubs and I got married. We put some picture hanging
brackets on it and then found some knobs at Home Depot that
we just screwed directly into the wood!
The perfect place to hang C's bows that her daddy LOVES!


This dresser used to be an medium oak color, but
with the paint sprayer and some chevron stripes it
ended up matching the rest of the
nursery perfectly! The lamp is from Hobby Lobby.
{Source}

This was a card that I found at TJ Maxx and just
put inside a frame! And of course we had to have a
plane somewhere in the nursery ;) 

Some of C's baby shower cards displayed!

Note the I also bought some containers from Target
to slip under the crib. I'm storing extra wipes and diapers
in them so we hopefully don't have any of those
midnight CVS runs to grab more!

This crib bedding was the very first thing that I purchased
for C's nursery! I fell in love with foxes while I was pregnant
and couldn't resist this adorable printed crib sheet from Etsy
{Bought Here
This was probably my most favorite project! So cute and SO easy!
The C is from Hobby Lobby and the fabric I purchased
at Joann's.
{Source}

I found this awesome cart at Ikea in Atlanta and thought
it would be perfect for storing all of C's diaper essentials.
I love that it has rollers and can be carted around
the entire house if need be!
{Bought Here}
My father-in-law assembled and painted these cute, yet functional,
shelves! Reading was my absolute favorite thing to do when
 I was little so I'm hoping C loves it just
 as much and will use these shelves for
years to come :)
{Source
I'm already in love with the diaper bag my
MIL had monogrammed and I found this nifty
hanging laundry bag for C's dirty clothes!
{Diaper Bag Bought Here}

3 comments:

  1. Aw, this is all too cute!!! Love it! Looking at posts like this definitely does not help my baby fever, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, it is PERFECT. Like a nursery out of Pinterest!!! You are so good! I am having major envy over that turquoise cart - might just have to go get one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Mary Ellen! Baby C is going to love her nursery! That dresser is awesome by the way

    ReplyDelete