Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Healthier Chicken Salad

These days it's all about fast, easy, and healthy when it comes to meals in our house and since I'm a southern girl you all know I love my chicken salad. This has been my go-to meal for lunch for the past two weeks and I'm loving it. It also makes a great afternoon snack. The best part is you can totally customize it based on what you like. Personally, I don't like celery in my chicken salad so I substituted some apple to give it that "crunch"! I also just picked up a rotisserie chicken which is way easier in my book than making my own chicken. But if that's more your style and you have the time, than go for it.  Enjoy!

{Healthier Chicken Salad}
{adapted from here}

Ingredients:
1 Rotisserie Chicken picked & shredded
½ Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
1-2 Tbsp Mayo
Salt & Peper to taste
Grapes, sliced
1 Apple, chopped
A couple squirts of Lemon Juice

Directions:
Simply combine all ingredients until mixed well.
Serve on croissant, or lettuce for a healthier option!

No comments:

Post a Comment