Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mariachi Bands, Chick-fil-A, and A Best Friend

If that title didn't get your attention I don't know what will! This past weekend I headed up to the oh so glorious San Antonio to see one of my best friends since middle school. She is out here visiting and working for her family for a few weeks, and I'm so so grateful that I got to see her while she was out this way. As a native Texan she took me to one of the best restaurants in the area called Mi Tierra. To say it was beyond delicious would be an understatement! The food was amazing and some of the best Mexican cuisine I've had to date. Here are some photos from inside the restaurant. They are not only a 24 hour food mecca but they also have a gigantic bakery in the front of the store...

Keeping in line with my diet I was very good
and didnt' snag a delicious pastry. However,
they looked heavenly!

They had some gorgeous Pinatas hanging from the ceiling!

In the dining area everything was Christmas themed. Why
you ask? I have no clue, but it was beautiful! And
who doesn't like christmas lights year round?

After stuffing ourselves to the brim with delicious mexican food we headed to the Market. It's just about .5 miles down the road from the River Walk and such a great experience! The whole thing is indoors (thank goodness) so you can stroll leisurely through the little souvenir shops and browse at your own pace without dying of heat stroke. After stopping in a few stores we realized that there is a great interest in wrestling masks?! For some reason they are all the rage and everyone was selling them...

Bad quality, I know...stupid i-Phone.

We also found this little gem...oh Texas.


After buying some goodies and checking out the local Goodwill, which I was super excited about since we don't have one here in Del Rio, it started pouring down rain. We sadly took this as our que to head home. It was such a wonderful trip and again, I'm so happy I got to see such a dear friend without having to head all the way back home to Georgia :)

Mitchell and I are heading out tomorrow morning to fly to Louisiana and Mississippi for the weekend to see my mom's side of the family and hit up the UGA game in Oxford. It will certainly be nice to get out of Del Rio for a weekend and see some family, but I think I might actually miss this place a bit!

Winston will also be having a fun filled weekend! One of my sweet friends here kindly volunteered to watch him for us this weekend, so he will be living it up with her adorable puppy Daisy while we are galavanting across the south. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend! Thanks for tuning in!

The beautiful sky on the way home :)


Naturally I had a request from my husband to stop
and get a large supply of Chick-fil-A
before heading home ;) I munched on fries all
the way home...





No comments:

Post a Comment