Friday, October 14, 2011

Do It Myself

Well I know I promised everyone earlier in the week a post on my DIY's I have planned while Mitchell is away, so here they are! Firstly, I went today and got some paint to make these lovely little Halloween decorations...

Yay for Pintrest! 

For those of you that know me well enough, you know that I have a slight obsession with Halloween! It is by far my most favorite holiday and there is nothing that makes me happier than an new "spooky" decoration to add to my home over this holiday :) Therefore, I couldn't resist trying to make these cute little things. I have a ton of extra mason jars and the paint was only $0.97 at Wal-Mart! I'm trying them tonight so I will let everyone know how they go soon!

Another project that I want to undertake is painting the little vanity/hall table that I've had for a while now! When my room was white and pink it fit perfectly, but obviously that color scheme does not go over well with the hubs or the other pieces in the living room. So, I'm planning on painting it at some point in the next few weeks! I haven't decided what color yet (I went and picked up some paint chips to compare today) but I'm thinking a pretty yellow, my favorite, or a nice antique blue now that a sweet friend recommend I use that color! Here's the table now so you can see what I mean by the fact that it needs some work...

Notice also that the movers scratched the paint
anyways...so it was bound to need
 to be repainted at some point!

Other than that I am planning on making one of those lovely yarn wreaths, and yes I know that I'm merely one of hundreds of people that are making them, but I simply don't care! I think that they are cute and gosh-darnet I'm making one, so there! Naturally, the entire city of Del Rio does not seem to find it necessary to sell a wreath form of any sort so I will have to wait until I head to San Antonio next week before I come home to get one. Here's the general idea of what it will look like but with different colors...

I'm thinking teal and yellow and white flowers!

Well there you go, these are the few little things that I am planning on doing over the next two weeks or so! I also made some home-made dog biscuits for Winston today and I will share a post about that this weekend :) I hope everyone has a lovely Friday and rest of their weekend! Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. i vote for a soft gray for the hall table... i'm painting a rocking chair that color this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete