Monday, October 3, 2011

Nothing New

After trying to come up with a witty post of this past weekend this was the best I could come up with...sorry! It does reflect our lives this past week though, nothing new is happening here in good ole Del Rio. Why am I updating then? Mainly because I'm bored and feel obligated to post something everyone once in a while ;) Anyways, this past weekend was rather eventful and uneventful at the same time, if that makes sense. Friday night I filled in for one of the other spouses here on base and took care of a sweet little 1 year old boy and his brother who was 3. They were a pretty easy pair, although my arm did get a good workout from holding the hefty little tike for a few hours! At this point I realized I'm so not ready for the sleepless nights and mounds of laundry and work a child encompasses at this point in our lives. I'm very content with having my "me-time" as selfish as that sounds. Not that I'm not looking forward to having kids at some point, but I'm very happy just having Mitchell and Winston to take care of at this point!

Other than babysitting on Friday, we went out on the lake on Saturday (shocker, I know) and then just came home and enjoyed a nice night at home. This is something we haven't been able to do in the past few weeks as we've been traveling around so much! Yesterday we celebrated our two year anniversary of being engaged, and yes we do still celebrate that one. My husband is so cute and still likes to celebrate all of our "little" anniversaries throughout the year like the one we celebrated yesterday, the day we started dating, when we had our first kiss, and so on. I think it's really sweet and gives us lots of little things to celebrate throughout the year :) We made one of our favorite dishes we haven't had in a while due to our healthy diet, which was Chicken and Rice Casserole (YUMMM) and chocolate fondue for desert (even more YUMM)!

That's pretty much all the exciting news from our weekend. On another note, Mitchell heads off for IFS this coming week. He starts on October 12th and it is located in Pueblo, Colorado which is about 30-45 minutes south of the Academy in Colorado Springs. IFS is Initial Flight Screening where they basically teach the pilots-to-be how to fly and such. It's a very intense 3-4 week program with a decent failure rate. I'm not too worried about Mitchell since he seems to thrive in these type of environments but any and all prayers for his success would be greatly appreciated! On a happier note, here are some photos from this weekend...

Oh the joys of babysitting...it really wasn't that bad at all ;)
I love having an excuse to read children's books!

The sweet lady that I babysat for had made this
for her home! I thought it was adorable
and such a great idea!

My oh so handsome husband :)

The boys tubing...not really my thing



Chocolate fondue! 

Our "spread" for dipping (Angel food cake squares,
strawberries, pretzels, and marshmallows) :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well!!


1 comment:

  1. Nothing new? Sounds like you had a very eventful weekend! I love the "Home is where the AF sends us" - you should ask her where she got it... :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete