Friday, October 28, 2011

Southern Hospitality

Hi everyone! I apologize for my absence but I have been travelling all about over the past week and a half, hence my lack of posting. Last week I travelled up to San Antonio to spend the day with a good friend and then left from there to head back to Georgia for a little while. I was so happy to spend this past weekend up in Atlanta with my lovely friend Lauren, and it was so wonderful to catch up, veg out, and watch chick flicks ALL weekend! We also got to eat at a pretty awesome restaurant called Paces on 88th thanks to an awesome gift card Lauren had. This place was phenomenal! Other than that I have been hanging out here in Macon most of this past week visiting with old friends and new family members :) Dad and I went up to see my sister and her family yesterday. We had a great time visiting with them and spending time with the kids. I don't get to see them that often so it was really great to just be able to sit and chat and catch up with all of them! Tomorrow is of course the always traditional UGA vs. FL game, so we are planning on spending the day at a family friends house to celebrate and watch some good ole' southern football! GO DAWGS! Other than that there really isn't too much going on. Here are some photos from this past week...


Lauren took me to the oh so wonderful Trader
Joe's! It felt so good to be reunited ;) I LOVE
and miss this place dearly!


Fall in the south is always so gorgeous!
I miss the lovely weather and changing trees.
Is there any place more gorgeous that GA during
fall? I've yet to find another state as beautiful!
 Sorry I don't have more photos. The camera took up too much room in my carry on so I had to leave it behind sadly. For those of you who are wondering about Winston and Kitty, they are doing just fine. Winston has been staying with some friends while I have been out of town and other than being a little "mopey" he seems to be just fine. I am more than ready to get back to my sweet little guy soon though! Kitty is being looked in on occasionally as well and is doing great and is as fat as ever.

Last but not least Mitchell is still plugging away at IFS in Colorado. He has been so lucky and has only had one "bad" weather day since he has been there and for those of you that know about Colorado and it's awful and unpredictable weather that is a miracle! He is doing really well and is on track to be done by the end of next week as long as the weather stays good (woo hoo)! He double turned today (meaning he got two flights in one day) and has been flying almost every single day. Prayers and thoughts as he finishes up this coming week would be greatly appreciated! I am so ready for him to be home!

I know many people have asked and wondered how being home has been for me. To be honest it has been pretty hard. Being at home is the hardest part for me, being in my mother's home and knowing she should still be there. It brings back so many memories and thoughts of what could have been that it is almost overbearing at times. Being away from the house is a lot easier and I have found so much comfort in spending time at Mitchell's parents home and with my sweet sweet friend Elyssa who is also in Macon now. I don't know what I would have done without them here while I have been home. Their constant love and support has been unfaltering and so very comforting over the past week. As much as I have enjoyed getting to see those that I love while being here in Georgia, I am ready to get back to Texas to see my sweet little Winston and be away from the memories that surround our home here in Macon. I would like to thank those of you that have sent so many comforting texts and facebook messages while I have been here comforting me and praying for me. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing, Godly, and loving people and I love each and every one of you!

I promise I will blog again soon, and I will include the mason jar Halloween craft I did and how it turned out! Here is a teaser photo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment